Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas in Finland -pupils from 7A

When Christmas is coming we start to decorate our home about a month earlier.
We send the Christmas cards to people at the latest time, 15th of December. Usually we get the Christmas tree about three or five days before Christmas. We decorate the Christmas tree as soon as the tree has melt down. We go to eat Christmas meal to my aunt or to my grandparents’ place. We eat about tree or four dishes, potato casserole, carrot casserole, swede casserole and of course turkey. When we have eaten the food, we then open all the Christmas presents. My mom and others relatives can’t buy me good presents because I’m so “old” now and they don’t know what to buy me, so they give me money and that’s fine. After we have opened the presents and eaten the food then we go back home and maybe play some games or something fun that we can do together. That’s our Christmas, and I love it!

Happy Christmas for everyone!!

Christmassy regards: Anette Lindroos 7A, Jakomäen yläaste, Helsinki

My Christmas

At Christmas we eat Christmas food. I eat Christmas food with my mother and my little sister. We eat ham, casseroles, salad and we drink water and milk. After dinner, we go to my grandmother’s place. Then we drink coffee and eat cake and gingerbread cookies. Then we wait for Santa Claus. Santa Claus brings lots of presents. When Santa Claus has left we open the presents. I hope I get clothes as presents. We have decorated our home we have lot of ornaments and we have Christmas lights and we have a Christmas tree. It is big, huge and beautiful. My little sister waits eagerly for Christmas. I also visit my father at Christmas. I give Christmas present my mother, father and little sisters. We also go to church at Christmas and we also sing Christmas Carrols.

Harriet Mäenpää 7A, Jakomäen yläaste, Helsinki

_______________________________________

Christmas is in December. It is in 24th. We eat Christmas meal on home. Our home is eating seven peoples. My dad, mom, granny, granddad, big brother and little brother. We eat potato soufflé, carrot casserole, swede casserole and of course turkey. We send every year Christmas cards. I send to my friends and my parents their friends. We get Christmas tree two days before Christmas. I have eid too. In eid I get 50e. When New Year comes I buy New Year fireworks. I like fireworks. Happy Christmas and Happy New Year.

Jasim al-Shebibi 7A, Jakomäen yläaste, Helsinki
_________________________________________________
My Eid-Holiday

”RING RING”!

I woke up in the alarm voice. The clock was about 7.00 a.m.

The whole family was squillering around. We were a bit of late.

Then at 8.00 a.m we finally got out of the house. My family went to Myllypuro’s Arena Center to pray. After praying we went home.

Usually we eat eid-dinner in eid-holidays with my family. But this time we made an exception because my mum was spending her eid-holiday in Mekka. If you don’t know what Mekka is, I’ll tell you something about it. Mekka is the place where Prophet Muhammed is born, and the holy place of islam. They spend there eid-holiday very nicely. But in Finland it’s a bit different. After the praying we all got different ways. I spent my eid-holiday in the mall, with my friends. We went to eat in a kebab restaurant.

Happy Eid-Holiday to all of you.

16.12.2008 Jawahir Ahmed 7a, Jakomäen yläaste, Helsinki

_____________________________________________________

OUR EID

We Muslims have a holiday called Eid. In the Eid I wake up at 7’clock. The morning is like usually, and then I say to all part of my family happy holiday. Then we eat the breakfast. We go to the mosque. There I say happy holiday to my friends. In the mosque we pray the Eid pair.

All my relatives who live in Finland go usually to my grandfather. There we share our presents.

And say to each other happy holiday. We eat there holiday lunch. In The evening every one does what they want. Usually me, my brother and my cousins go to buy new things with the money we get. And the relatives who come from other place than Helsinki they be the night in our and the others place who live in Helsinki. It’s fun I cant wait to the next Eid come.

Mahmuud al-Hello 7 A

Jakomäen yläaste 7A

______________

Hello, my name is Nimco, and I tell you about my Eid holiday. It is a really fine day.

My families wake up about seven o’clock. We eat little breakfast, and we dress up beautiful clothes. We go to mosque, and shopping. We eat very good meal. I love Eid holiday because I don’t go to school. We also go to my cousin, and we have a lot of fun.

Nimco Ali 7A, Jakomäen yläaste, Helsinki

___________________________

My Christmas

In this story, I tell you, how I spend my Christmas. I usually go to my grandparents’ cottage or home with my grandma, grandpa, mom, her husband and my step little brother. First of all, I decorate the Christmas three at Christmas Eve morning. I also bake gingerbread biscuits with my grandma. We go to our relatives in the afternoon, and few of them come to our place in the evening. When we have eaten the Christmas dinner, which has many dishes, we share the presents. After that we go to sauna. And in the evening, when we have come from the sauna, we just spend time together and drink glogg. I think that Christmas is very lovely holiday because everybody is together.

Jenna Hietamäki 7A

Jakomäen yläaste, Helsinki
_______________________

We eat something little. Then about 10 o’clock we go to my grandparents´ home.

There we eat rice porridge. We do very much everything funny. At some time we go to the church. Then we come back to grandparents’ home. There we eat ham, carrot casserole, potato casserole, swede casserole and gravlax and everything else.

Then we do something. Sometime we share the presents. About 8-9 o’clock we go from to sauna. We sleep in my grandparents’ home. Next morning we eat everything what is left. Then we go to home when we want. Then we buy fireworks before New Year come.

This holiday is very good and lovely.

Niklas Tourunen 7A, Jakomäen yläaste, Helsinki

_____________________________________________________


I start the Christmas Eve with my parents and relatives. First we cook and make the table, then we eat. We have many dishes: rice porridge, turkey, potato soufflé, carrot casserole, gingerbread, Karelian pastry and we drink glogg. We eat first and then give the presents. Generally my grandpa makes from ice a kind of mode and he puts the candle there. We keep it outside and it looks fabulous. Usually we have Christmas tree and there are lots of Christmas decorations. We get together in the living room and give there the presents. When all open our own presents and we thank for what we get. Then we hang out with each other and have fun. I love Christmas because then everybody is together.

By: Oona Kolkka 7A, Jakomäen yläaste, Helsinki


No comments: